I help you to feel confident about your written texts so that you can get on with doing your job!
- Maybe you were never sure about English grammar or punctuation at school and you’d feel better if someone could check over your posts, newsletters, or other texts and give you peace of mind.
- Maybe you’re so familiar with your texts that you can’t see the little things such as typing errors or words that often get confused.
- Maybe you have no shortage of ideas, but you would like a second opinion for texts that could be seen by a lot of people, or information that will be posted on your Facebook, Twitter, Xing or LinkedIn accounts.
- Maybe you’re happy with the content, but you’re not too sure about the grammar or whether the text flows well.
- Maybe you’re frustrated – you keep putting things off because you don’t want to click “send” or “publish”!
- Maybe you just want to be sure that the message in your head is the same as the message that others will get when they read your text, or that it actually sounds like you.
- Maybe you don’t need a full translation service, but you would appreciate having someone to help you check and proofread your materials. If the original was in German, I can also check the English version against it to ensure that the message and style stay true to the original.
I understand these concerns. Before setting up my own business I worked as a Communications Manager and was responsible for getting the language right across a range of communication channels. Now I work with both native and non-native speakers of English who need someone to check through their documents, make sure everything is clear, check for errors, fix any grammar mistakes, and make sure that what you say is what you actually wanted people to hear!
These proofreading and effective communication sessions can help you if:
- Writing isn’t your favourite thing and you’d like someone to check through your documents;
- You’ve been working on the documents for so long that you would benefit from a new perspective and second opinion;
- You need to give a presentation and you want to make sure that there are no mistakes on your slides;
- You want to advertise your services in English, but you don’t want any grammar mistakes or unusual word choices that might make the customers look elsewhere;
- You already communicate with customers in English, but you’d like someone to proofread your standard templates;
You would like to post more content on social media sites, but you’re not sure that the posts sound right;
How does it work?
There are two ways to work with me on proofreading tasks.
If you would like to have more regular or ad hoc support, you can book a day or a half-day session. The time does not all need to be used at once. I will subtract the time taken from your balance until all of your time has been used up. I work Mondays to Fridays and will usually reply the same day, especially for quicker jobs. For everything else, I aim to respond within 24 hours.
You can either use the time for me to proofread your documents, or we can go through them together, giving you the chance to ask questions. I need texts to be typed, not hand-written. Any changes or comments will be returned to you by email.
- A single hour is priced at £49.
- Half a day is priced at £165.
- A full day is priced at £295
Payment is required in advance and can be made by bank transfer or Paypal. Customers outside of the UK are asked to pay via Paypal.
Longer texts and projects
Alternatively, if you have a longer text, such as a book or the text for a website, please send me a sample of the text and let me know how long your text is. I will then make you an offer based on the length of time I expect it to take me. In these cases, I ask for half of the payment in advance, and the other half when you have received your text.
How will I know how long a job will take?
Before we start working together, there is a free 30-minute call or online meeting to discuss your requirements and what can realistically be achieved in one session. For larger or ongoing jobs, you can send me information beforehand and I’ll tell you how long it will take before I start the job.
Can I book meetings whenever I need one?
Most of my proofreading tasks don’t require meetings as I provide detailed notes about changes to the text.
However, some customers want to be part of the process. In these cases, meetings are useful. So that I can give the best service to all my customers, I need meetings to be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Meetings can take place between 9:00 and 17:00 BST, which is 10:00 and 18:00 CET. If you book a meeting and can’t make it, I can work on proofreading tasks for you on my own, but if this is not possible, the full price for that 30 minutes will be charged.
Do you do translations as well?
I provide English translations of German texts – for full details, see my translation page.
Do you write articles or posts in English for other businesses?
I provide a communication service, but this is not a ghost-writing service. The ideas need to be your own, as you are most familiar with your business, products or services.
Why don’t you charge by the number of characters or words?
It’s easy to do this for translation work, but I don’t think that someone whose documents only need a few minor corrections should pay the same as someone whose documents need a lot more work. Therefore, when I’m proofreading, I believe that charging for the time spent on the task is fairer to the customer.
Can you help me to improve my English?
I can, but if this is what you’re looking for, my language and communications training, my writing course, my grammar course or my business English course would be better for you. You can find details of all my language training courses on my English with Kirsty sister site.
Would you like to know more?
If you have any other questions that haven’t been covered here, you would like to book a 30-minute introduction meeting to discuss how I can support you with your English content, or you’d like to sign up for the monthly EwK Services newsletter, please use my contact form:
What do my customers say?
Silke from Germany
“I have been working with Kirsty for the last two years and it was very helpful to me. We started doing one-on-one sessions to practice my English and then changed to proofreading because this was in the end what I needed the most. What I highly appreciate is the fact that Kirsty is highly responsive and reliable. She always replies to my requests as fast as possible and she even helped me with „last minute“ issues that came up. Her proofreading is always very helpful because she does not only correct the sentences but also gives the grammatical explanation if needed. Kirsty is someone you can really count on when you need help in English.”
“Als deutschsprachige Autorin eines Reisebuches wollte ich unbedingt auch den englischen Markt erreichen. Hierzu brauchte ich ein Exposé und eine Leseprobe meines Buches in englischer Sprache. Als deutsche Muttersprachlerin war ich mit meiner Übersetzung jedoch nicht hundertprozentig zufrieden. Professionelle Unterstützung fand ich bei Kirsty Wolf, die mir meine Texte innerhalb kürzester Zeit sorgfältig und gewissenhaft korrigierte, meinen Stil verbesserte und mir zusätzlich wertvolle Ratschläge und Tipps zur englischen Sprache mit auf den Weg gab. Kirsty Wolf bietet einen rundum professionellen Service, der über die reine Korrektur hinausgeht und ein ausführliches Feedback bietet, mit dem ich nicht nur meine Englischkenntnisse verbessern, sondern auch sämtliche Fehler ausbügeln konnte. Auch die Rücksprache funktionierte einwandfrei. Bei Nachfragen konnte ich stets mit einer schnellen, detaillierten Antwort rechnen. Ich kann Kirstys Leistungen daher nur wärmstens empfehlen.”